Together with the community, the City and the Library are exploring the option of a new library. Feedback will be very important, and we invite you to participate. Get started by attending an Open House and tour of the current space in the City Hall building.
Jan 28, 6:30pm
Feb 2, 3:00pm
Feb 13, 11:00am
Feb 16, 3:00pm
All events begin in the Library Meeting Room, at 225 5th Street. Refreshments will be provided.
Please visit again soon – we are compiling our FAQ questions!
Click the link to view or download a PDF of the Fact Sheet for the New Library project.
A new Springfield Library promises:
- An Entrance from Street-Level
- Better technology and connectivity
- Better plumbing and electric
- Better foundation and masonry
- Flexible programming spaces
- Computer Lab
- Better quiet spaces, that can co-exist with program areas
- Meeting Rooms
- Better spaces for material management and collection storage